Raw, Sexy, Vigor
I went running in the rain tonight with Lucky. It was cool outside, an oddity here in July, and the sky was like beautiful, going from sheer pink to orange to blue. The lights of the Sonic Drive Thru and the guy smoking on the sidewalk hardly detracted from the serenity and prettiness of my run.
This weekend we had fun, and we didn't even have to spend money on a babysitter. Saturday we turned on our Christmas lights, put Parker to bed and had people over to play poker and listen to music. I lost money, but there was a lot of whiskey and poundcake involved, so that makes it OK. There was also a two-hour debate about whether Elvis wrote, "You're Always On My Mind," a song rekindled by Willie Nelson in the 1980s, and an all out bashing of the Pet Shop Boys, who covered the song in the 1990s.
This weekend we also had dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant that serves free breadsticks and, I kid you not, they glistened in the evening light like little beacons of hope and desire and were impossible to resist after all that wine. For some reason we decided to have a haiku-off. I'm glad Parker is too young to understand most of our English vulgarity; she mostly sat in her high chair sucking on a biscuit and waving. She even clapped a few times. One of the haikus used words like raw, sexy and vigor, and another used mofo and whiskey. We came home with no clear winner. Which would YOU choose?
This weekend we had fun, and we didn't even have to spend money on a babysitter. Saturday we turned on our Christmas lights, put Parker to bed and had people over to play poker and listen to music. I lost money, but there was a lot of whiskey and poundcake involved, so that makes it OK. There was also a two-hour debate about whether Elvis wrote, "You're Always On My Mind," a song rekindled by Willie Nelson in the 1980s, and an all out bashing of the Pet Shop Boys, who covered the song in the 1990s.
This weekend we also had dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant that serves free breadsticks and, I kid you not, they glistened in the evening light like little beacons of hope and desire and were impossible to resist after all that wine. For some reason we decided to have a haiku-off. I'm glad Parker is too young to understand most of our English vulgarity; she mostly sat in her high chair sucking on a biscuit and waving. She even clapped a few times. One of the haikus used words like raw, sexy and vigor, and another used mofo and whiskey. We came home with no clear winner. Which would YOU choose?


2 Comments:
I like all the words, and I have to wonder if my S-i-L was involved in that outting, because those words sound like they came straight from her mouth. Another fun party game is making up similes that start with "I love you like ________ loves _________."
Here's my haiku for the day:
Rolly flabby abs
Never gonna be flat now
Can't button my pants
Your reference to poundcake made me think of my stomach status. Earlier today I did my Tammilee video and while we were doing sit ups, she asked me to test my stomach: was it hard? Ok then that's what we want (she said) ... was it soft and then hard? OK then that's a little fat on top ... or was it just soft? Then that's fat, we gotta get you strong (she said). Guess which category I was in. Hint: Not the first one! Ugh. I hate her. Why do I keep turning on that damn video?
Your SIL was involved, you are so right. I love her like my mouth loves whiskey. I am sure you are just humoring me with your flabby ab talk, but I appreciate your poetry nonetheless.
Post a Comment
<< Home