Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Songs That Will Forever Remind Me of Parker

Yoshimi Battles Snoop Dogg
I tried desperately to learn the lyrics to this mashup so I could sing it to her anywhere, not just in the car. "I give a pound to my man with my right hand. I roll a blunt with my left hand, give it to the best man..." I've read singing to babies is very important for language development. After a lot of practice and rewinding, I got far, pretty much to the line, "I ride with my dog, nigga what up. That's my homie, superfly mother fucka." Damn, I love this song. Joe says I have no flow.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
This is an obvious choice, as it is Parker's favorite song primarliy because she has the choreography down. I barely get to the point in the song about wondering where in the world that little star is located and she begins waving her fingers and wrists like crazy, just like little twinkling stars. I did not teach her that, but it is sure cute. She does it with such force and dedication, though, we are expecting carpel tunnel down the road.

Norah Jones' Sunrise
Aunt Jody sang this to Parker when she was only a month old. In my hormonal state, I requested it dozens of times during her stay with us. I would lay on my bed and listen and she carried around Parker and sang. "Sunrise, sunrise, looks like morning in your eyes." Parker stared into her eyes, so content and sweet and calm. What a beautiful song and memory. I love my sister.

Outkast's So Fresh and So Clean
There definitely ain't nobody dope as Parker. This song title was also the title of Parker's first bath video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home