Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It's Official

Dear Parker,
You turned 8 months old yesterday. I have changed 2,000 menacing diapers, helped you through constipation and cried when the pediatric cardiologist told us your heart was OK when you were just 2 weeks old. When they did the EKG, they had to cut the little sensors in half to fit on your tiny body.

So much has happened over these last 8 months. I still get a lump in my throat when you lay your head on my shoulder. We knocked over a deoderant display at HEB because I couldn't see over your car seat in the cart. You get up at 7 a.m. even on Sundays and we play with the coupons in the paper.

Last night at 12:45, I achieved the ultimate right of passage for motherhood. I stumbled outside in my glasses and pajamas and asked the 18-year-old neighbor kid and his friends to keep it down - please don't wake my little baby. I have never done that before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home