Eye of the Tiger
This morning I had a meltdown because I couldn't see. For some reason my glasses weren't sitting on the bathroom counter when I got out of the shower, and I couldn't put in my contacts because they were soaking in a bunch of chemicals and weren't ready to wear. I am so blind.
I felt a lump form in my throat as I slowly felt my way around the house patting the furniture and counters, bumping into shit, trying to feel for my glasses. For a second I thought I saw them on the windowsill but it turned out to be a fudge bar wrapper. I started crying.
Joe: You really are blind, aren't you?
Carrie: (crying, shaking fist) I can't see a thing without my glasses!
Joe: You know, if we were cavemen you would have been eaten by a tiger a long time ago.
I felt a lump form in my throat as I slowly felt my way around the house patting the furniture and counters, bumping into shit, trying to feel for my glasses. For a second I thought I saw them on the windowsill but it turned out to be a fudge bar wrapper. I started crying.
Joe: You really are blind, aren't you?
Carrie: (crying, shaking fist) I can't see a thing without my glasses!
Joe: You know, if we were cavemen you would have been eaten by a tiger a long time ago.


1 Comments:
I'm with you in the plight of dying at the hands of vicious predators that you never saw coming. Does Joe read the Earth's Children series? I think he might like them.
Post a Comment
<< Home